Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default window cleaner

Artful Dodger wrote:
On Oct 8, 8:24 am, Smitty Two wrote:

In article ,

willshak wrote:

on 10/7/2008 8:18 PM Frank said the following:

Looks like comcast is going to cut the newsgroup feed,so I thought I would
pick your brains one last time. I don't like windex so I would like some
input as to making home brew glass cleaner. With cold weather coming here
in
Chicago need to get the windows done ASAP. Noticed windex does not dry well
in the cold.
So long
Frank

Before Windex and all those other cleaners, there was vinegar and water,
and wiped with newspaper.

Vinegar and water works, with one oft-overlooked caveat:

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/how...h-vinegar.html

Window cleaner that works for me (having tried all of the above) is
from an auto supply store. Might be sold elsewhere? Name is
"Invisible Glass".

Yes, the "Invisible Glass" works a hellava lot better than Windex,
especially for cleaning that darned "plastic emissions" film from the
inside of the windows of younger cars.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia