Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Repairing BB Hole in Window

wrote:
MLD wrote:

The way that we used to get moisture out of small inaccessible areas (like
a bellows) was to pull a vacuum (which would evaporate the moisture) and
basically suck it out. Not a practical solution for this problem...

How about a repetitive partial vacuum and a source of dry air, eg a box full
of desiccant bags? How many times do we have to squeeze a bellows to remove
5% of the air from a window cavity, with a check valve and a vacuum breaker
that allow dry air to replace expelled air when the bellows is released, if
we want to lower the cavity dew point from 50 to 10 F?

Nick

Lordy. How many angels can dance on the head of a pin? There is no
practical way to field-repair a holed insulated window. OP should wait
for next warm dry sunny day when the glass is as hot as it gets, put a
dab of epoxy over the hole, and live with the occasional fogging until
he can afford to replace the panel.

--
aem sends...