Posted to alt.home.repair
charlie charlie is offline

Default circular saw question

"Blattus Slafaly" wrote in message
DJ Redlocks wrote:
I just had carpeting installed in a rental property and purchased a
circular saw to cut 1/4" - 3/8" off the bottom of the doors. I had no
problem with the first four doors, however a 36" wood door appears to
have some metal in it. About
1 1/4" into the cut sparks started to fly so I stopped. I also noticed a
piece of metal about 1/2" wide on the bottom of
the door an inch or two from the end of the cut. Any advice
would be appreciated.

John

If you don't have a diamond or carbide blade use a saws all hacksaw blade.

--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 7/8

you don't use diamond blades on either wood or metal