Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default using old wood

On Thu, 09 Oct 2008 16:26:46 -0400, George
wrote:

On Thu, 9 Oct 2008 10:25:14 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

... Not knowing exactly where it came from and where it's going to be used/
re-used, I guess the question would be: Do *you* have any doubts about
whether or not it should be used for the purpose you have in mind?

No ... but there's always the 'things I didn't know' - like, maybe "old
wood has lost its elasticity, so it doesn't have any grip, and your
nails will end up popping," or something like that.

Wood logs are recovered from rivers, lake beds after many years.
Barns/homes are dismantled and moved.

My tendency is too make smaller pieces out of bigger pieces. I'm a
wood scrounge..

If the nails are popping, maybe it's the wrong hammer!

Use the wood, you determine fit for the job.