Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Yamaha SPX50D Battery Replacement

On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 20:11:44 -0700 (PDT), stoneattic
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I have an old Yamaha SPX50D effects unit that is giving me a Low
Battery message. Not surprising given it's age. The battery is the
typical CRxxxx disc type but the connectors as spot welded? on to it
covering up the battery part number. Does anyone know what battery
this takes? I've been searching to no avail.

AFAIK, CRxxyy batteries are 3V lithium types where ..

xx = diameter in mm
yy = thickness in 10ths of mm

For example, a CR2032 is a 3V lithium battery, 20mm in diameter and
3.2mm thick.

- Franc Zabkar