Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Cataract Surgery

On Thu, 9 Oct 2008 13:52:57 -0700 (PDT), the infamous rigger
scrawled the following:

On Oct 9, 12:26*pm, wrote:
Looks like it's time to get my cataracts fixed. There's been a small
one in my right eye for *five or six years and nothing in the left. In
the last six months vision in my right has gone down the tubes. The
doctor says I now have three in the right eye and the left is almost
ready too. I've been nearsighted (-5.5/-3.5) all my life.

Any suggestins for the implant? Implant for distance and do reading
glasses, or stay nearsighted and do distance lenses? My first impulse
is to go for distance since I would still need safety glasses for most
of what I do.

Of course the glasses will come from Zenni *8

Have you investigated the new models coming out
IIRC with some type of variable correction system?

Varilux? RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY! If you look straight ahead, they work
just fine. If you use any of your peripheral vision, turn your head at
all, move around, change focus a lot, or drive, they suck the big one.
80% of the lens is totally uncorrected. I fought them for two weeks
and made the optical office make REAL bifocals for me.

Varilux? JUST SAY NO!

--
"Given the low level of competence among politicians,
every American should become a Libertarian."
-- Charley Reese, Alameda Times-Star (California), June 17, 2003