The Natural Philosopher

Default IMM, Andy, Nat Philiso, John, etc, some more advice please

Owain wrote:

"Suz" wrote
| "Grunff" wrote
| Replace oil boiler and all tanks with condensing gas combi.
| But why? Oil is cheaper and (IMO) nicer to work with. Why do you
| want to switch to gas?
| We have been advised by a few different un-involved parties that the gas
| bills are lower over time.

Also, no unsightly oil tank in the garden, and IMHO gas ch is more appealing
to house buyers than any other type. I'm not saying it will add £1000s to
the property compared to oil, but oil ch can be viewed as a slight drawback
by some prospective purchasers because of the tank/smell/refilling - even if
the energy itself is a bit cheaper.

My tank don't smell, is a cinch to reill, and is nor covered with
attractive climbing roses and creepers.

Owain