Posted to alt.home.repair
RickH RickH is offline

Default circular saw question

On Oct 9, 11:24*am, "DJ Redlocks" wrote:
I just had carpeting installed in a rental property and purchased a circular saw to cut 1/4" - 3/8" off the bottom of the doors. I had no problem with the first four doors, however a 36" wood door appears to have some metal in it. About
1 1/4" into the cut sparks started to fly so I stopped. I also noticed a piece of metal about 1/2" wide on the bottom of
the door an inch or two from the end of the cut. Any advice
would be appreciated.

John

The metal there is probably a corrugated joiner, just saw through it
and it should be fine, but it may do in that blade so do that door
last. For the small amount you are taking off it wont affect the door
strength.