Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default circular saw question

On Oct 9, 12:24*pm, "DJ Redlocks" wrote:
I just had carpeting installed in a rental property and purchased a circular saw to cut 1/4" - 3/8" off the bottom of the doors. I had no problem with the first four doors, however a 36" wood door appears to have some metal in it. About
1 1/4" into the cut sparks started to fly so I stopped. I also noticed a piece of metal about 1/2" wide on the bottom of
the door an inch or two from the end of the cut. Any advice
would be appreciated.

John

You can purchase metal cutting blades for a circular saw, either
toothed or of the "fiber" variety. Search the web, any big box store
or a dedicated tool distributor in your area.

I once cut 2" off the top of a foamed filled steel door for my
basement with a circular saw. Cutting metal with my chop saw and
radial arm saw is a common occurance.