Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Gas Fired Clothes Dryer Question

On Oct 9, 9:24*am, Mikepier wrote:
I doubt the dryer has a pilot light. But in any event, the vacuum
would not effect it because I'm sure the movement of air when the
dryer is running is far greater than a vacuum.
Just a suggestion, if you have a flexible hose connecting the dryer to
the outside vent (especially if it's foil or plastic) just replace it
with the rigid corrugated flexible line .

the vacuum would not effect it because I'm sure the movement of
air when the dryer is running is far greater than a vacuum.

I'm sure that the movement of air from my 2.5HP shop vac is greater
than the movement of air when the dryer is running. Hold one hand
outside the dryer vent and hold the other on the "blower" side of a
decent shop vac. Advantage: shop vac.