Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Little OT but involves wood and windows

Larry C wrote:
That makes total sense. I feel like a bit if an idiot for not thinking
that. I was thinking along the lines of a power hand planer. Less dust,
more filings.

Unfortunately if I use the plastic method I will not have to buy a power
hand planer.

I'd probably use a Skilsaw set at the depth to remove; make several
passes across the length then split off between the cuts. Easy enough
to do the cut at the top/bottom corners w/ handsaw. A drawknife would
be ideal for the hacking, probably although a wide chisel would do of
course.