Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry C Larry C is offline

Default Little OT but involves wood and windows

Hello,

Not a full woodworking question but this group has a lot of good ideas

I am replacing my 20 year old wooden windows with new construction windows.
Basically the entire existing window comes out, new window goes in. My
issue is that some of the rough openings may need to be about a 1/8 inch
bigger on either side. 1/4 total increase. I have used a belt sander and 60
grit paper for the first one. Took just a few minutes to do. About 3 hours
to clean up afterwards. About two days of silence from my wife after that.

Anyone have any ideas how I can reduce the cleanup time? I am OK with the
time for the job and the silence part after that.

2 x 6 studs if that matters
to get a smaller window I would have to get custom made or one that is 4"
thinner.

Larry C