Tom Watson

Default Spraying Paint

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 20:18:38 GMT, "Lew Hodgett"
wrote:

The standard for that job is a DeVilbiss JGA gun, a 2 qt remote pressure pot
and a connecting hose.

Expect to pay about $400-$450 for the package, even with a trade discount.

You will need a compressor that can deliver at least 15 SCFM on a continuous
basis.

I have a 5 HP, two stage unit with an 80 gal reservoir that does the job.

Package does a great job IMHO.

Think of it like buying a good cabinet saw.

It only hurts onceG.

HTH

Thanks Lew.

Your advice is good and I still have my old Binks 2001 from when I
used to spray HP.

Unfortunately I've gotten rid of the big compressor that used to make
it work.

In a clipboard over my desk I have a picture of a spiffy
Ingersoll-Rand 80 gallon upright and the only thing I need to turn it
from tool porn into reality is about fifteen hundred bucks.

sigh

Regards, Tom.
Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker
Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania