Posted to alt.home.repair
coffee[_4_] coffee[_4_] is offline

Default Front storm door

On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 00:17:55 -0500, Red Green wrote:

coffee wrote in
:

On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 07:58:51 -0400, Don Phillipson wrote:

"coffee" wrote in message

Im looking to add a storm door to the front of the house. Ive got
good skills and was wondering how hard it actually is to install one.
Not too much on the net about this as I have searched. Comments
anyone? Good quality doors? (lowes, HD?).

You need first to find out whether the doorway has standard dimensions
(i.e. will fit a storm door bought off the rack.) Homeowners' manuals
in your public library will tell you how to fit a standard-sized door.
Non-standard sizes require prior experience.

The doorway is 30 by 80. Pretty standard Im guessing.

Thanks,

coffee

Front of the house and the door is only 30"??? Front doors are usually
36" to accomodate moving things in and out. Possibly you have another
entrance that oc 36" min?

sorry Im responding late. Had a Hard drive meltdown and had to reload.

I will remeasure the doorway. But Im pretty sure its a standard size.

Thanks