Igor

Default Sanding indoors

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 18:19:39 GMT, Phisherman wrote:

Somewhat. You will still have some dust to deal with. Better to move
it to the garage or outside.

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 19:30:18 -0700, "Paul O."
wrote:

Before too long it will be time to start sanding on my aquarium stand. It is
presently in the spare bedroom where I am putting the trim on it. This
sucker is heavy and don't want to move it outside to do some sanding. So I'm
wondering if a box fan with a furnace filter strapped to it will catch the
small dust from sanding if I keep it close to where I working? Thanks.

FWIW -- Use your idea with the fan and filter. Do this on a day when you
can open the window, put fan on window sill so dust not caught by fan will
go out window. (Yes, you could then skip filter, but depends on what is
outside -- and interest in keeping fan clean.) Also, move stand near
window, get some plastic sheeting, cheap, and staple it to ceiling in a
horseshoe shape to enclose you and stand -- with window/fan at the open end
of the horseshoe. Note: Static elec. of plastic will also help catch dust.

Oh -- use appropriate lung protection.