Posted to uk.business.agriculture,uk.d-i-y

Default Good Grief

On Thu, 9 Oct 2008 08:56:13 +0100, Tim Lamb wrote:

The neutraliser is just a ridiculously small, expensive thermal store,
I'll bet you can do it cheaper with a hot water cyclinder and some zone
valves.

2-300ukp from Dunsley.

Not cheap, the trick that the neutraliser performs is to have all the
inlets/outlets at the same static pressure. Not sure if all inlet and all
outlets have to be the same pressure or if just all the members of a set
have to be the same with the other set at a different pressure,

This could be tricky to arrange on a cylinder, adding extra primary
connections isn't that easy on a cylinder as access inside is a tad
restricted. Getting something fabricated might be an option.

I assume there is a limit to how much heat you can transfer using
gravity and a fixed bore/head system.

There probably is but I'd be using 28mm tube for the gravity loop and that
is well capable of shifting a few kW from a wood burner.

--
Cheers
Dave.