Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob M. Bob M. is offline

Default Why Insulation in Inside Wall?

"Bob M." wrote in message
news
"jim evans" wrote in message
I'm about to hang one of the LED big screen TVs on my wall. To tidy
it up I decided to run the cables through the wall. When I cut a hole
in the wall I discovered it was filled with insulation. It's an
inside wall. The master bath is on the other side of the wall. Why
is an inside wall insulated?

This is what you need, but for $125 for what's likely a one-use project
it's too expensive. But for those of us who run wires in walls at work,
it's great!

The roller is a magnet, and you attach some metal thing to a beaded chain
& drop it in the hole, pulling it down with the magnet rolling along the
outside of the wall.

http://www.specialized.net/ecommerce...Tool-Magnepull

whoops, just the opposite. The magnet is inside the wall, the roller thing
is normal steel.