Tom Watson

Default Spraying Paint

I've got a job in the shop that needs an excellent quality paint
finish. I usually use pigmented lacquer but the customer insists that
I use the same paint as was used for the trim in the room where the
piece is going in. Latex trim paint. Yechh.

I'm trying to view this as an opportunity to get a piece of equipment
that will spray cabinet grade paint finishes but can also be used to
spray exterior house paint. I've got lots of use for the exterior
house paint ability at my place - as my wife reminds me every time I
sit down for more than ten minutes.

I know nothing about this.

I hate painting.

I've seen the painters use spray equipment on jobsites for trim and
walls but never paid much mind to it. I was just happy if they didn't
spray my work and tools.

I've tried to thin paint for spraying in my three stage HVLP setup but
I'm afraid that the level of thinning required compromises the coating
chemistry.

I need some help from the paint spraying mavens on the group.

Regards, Tom.
Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker
Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania
http://users.snip.net/~tjwatson