Posted to alt.home.repair
works perfect works perfect is offline

Default Please recommend non-telco long distance service?

On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 14:27:50 -0400, Bob M wrote:

A little off topic but because it relates directly to my HOME telephone I
thought this group might provide good input.

I currently use at&t for my long distance service. I am paying on average
about $.30/minute (OUCH) with a monthly minimum whether I use it or not.
Time to change.

What long distance alternatives are any of you folks using that you are
satisfied with? How did you sign up? What was your cost to switch?

I know there are VoIP solutions available such as Vonage, etc. but I'd like
to keep it right at the dial tone. Even my Comcast cable's long distance
cost is way too much around here (Central CT).

I look forward to any/all suggestions/recommendations.

Thanks

http://www.skype.com/