Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave, I can't do that Dave, I can't do that is offline

Default Anyone built an Instant Hot Water system?

On Oct 8, 5:56 am, wrote:

Hi guys,

Thanks for th thoughts...

The systems that I have seen depend on natural convection. The main hot water
pipe is ran under the floor, and a smaller return pipe is ran along the ceiling.
Any of these systems are huge energy wasters.

That's why I favor the one that pumps the cold water from the hot line
into the cold line only when you push the button. The 'hot' line

Dave, that is no different to running the tap other than it will
happen faster. I would still be putting a slug of hot water between
the water heater and the tap. The only thing is I would not be wasting
the water and that is not a huge concern with a well.

Looks like back to plan A, run the tap. grin

Dave