Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default HMRC - VAT Returns

On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 04:33:39 -0700 (PDT), Man at B&Q wrote:

I guess they want people to file on line andjump through the hoops to
get an government online ID, grrr...

I agree that getting an online password AND activating it can be
painful. But you only need to do it once.

It's no worse than you have to go through with some on-line bakns.

Last time I got authrised for a bank it was painless, got user ID and
password in branch, waited for dongle to arrive registered it and I was
in. Lst time I looked at the government thing it appeared to want all
manner of information and a paper form sending back after they sent you
something else then they sent you your via snail mail...

I'll have another look, I also miffed 'cause the VAT return this quarter
is going to be £0.00 (zero) as I've not had any payments come in due to
being ill and not working.

--
Cheers
Dave.