Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Repairing a hole in a pipe.

wrote:
If I had a copper pipe with a hole in it - say a nail had been driven
through it - is it possible to repair this hole by heating the pipe
with a blow-torch and melting some plumbing solder into the hole?

(This hasn't actually happened btw - I'm just wondering how best to
ever deal with this eventuality!)

Thanks,
Mark.

Methinks that just a blob of solder isn't enough to make me comfortable.
At the very least, solder on a piece of copper (e.g. a bit of pipe or a
bit of a copper pipe fitting which would already have the right internal
diameter), cut to shape and bent/flattened a bit if needed).

But far, far better would be to put a complete copper pipe connector
over the pierced pipe and solder it as normal. Or cut out and replace
the pierced pipe.

--
Rod

onset.