Posted to uk.d-i-y
George George is offline

Default Repairing a hole in a pipe.

wrote in message
If I had a copper pipe with a hole in it - say a nail had been driven
through it - is it possible to repair this hole by heating the pipe
with a blow-torch and melting some plumbing solder into the hole?

(This hasn't actually happened btw - I'm just wondering how best to
ever deal with this eventuality!)

Thanks,
Mark.

The correct way is to cut a piece off and solder a Female insert on,however
this is sometimes not possible? so a piece of 1" long copper pipe is cut and
then cut in half along the 1" so you have a piece of copper pipe that will
sit over the hole and you solder around its edges to the main pipe.