Posted to alt.home.repair
Kenneth Kenneth is offline

Default Repairing BB Hole in Window

On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 18:29:55 -0700, Glen Moffitt
wrote:

I have a double-pane window, downstairs on one end of the family room. It's
not very visible, being under the rear deck. Someone recently shot a small
hole, probably with a BB gun, which penetrated the outer pane. I'm looking
for advice on how to seal that up. I googled around, but surprisingly not
a lot there. Lots of articles on repairing broken windows or holes in
screens, but not this. Could not find anything on Amazon or on the sites of
Lowes or Home Depot. Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance

Howdy,

You have seen good ideas about epoxy, and I suspect the
concerns you have seen about the humidity of the air that
entered are correct.

But, you might be able to mitigate the condensation problems
if you were to heat the window some before applying the
epoxy.

I might try aiming some sort of space heater at the glass
for a while before doing the repair.

Even heating it slightly would lower the level of humidity
between the panes, and that would, in turn, lower the
temperature at which you would see condensation.

All the best,
--
Kenneth