Posted to alt.home.repair
Cheri Cheri is offline

Default window cleaner

"Frank" wrote in message
. ..
Looks like comcast is going to cut the newsgroup feed,so I thought I would
pick your brains one last time. I don't like windex so I would like some
input as to making home brew glass cleaner. With cold weather coming here
in Chicago need to get the windows done ASAP. Noticed windex does not dry
well in the cold.
So long
Frank

This works wonderfully for the *outside* windows. In a bucket comine 1/4 cup
liquid dishwasher detergent and 1 TBS Jet-Dry brand dishwasher rinse agent
for every gallon of hot water. Swab mixture onto the windows with a brush or
cloth, and then hose off. The water sheets up and rolls off without
streaking. No wiping, no drying, no fuss. It really works. Try it. For the
inside windows I just use vinegar and water in a spray bottle.

Cheri

Cheri