Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_2_] Gunner[_2_] is offline

Default Changing my principles

On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 11:18:43 -0700, Jim Stewart
wrote:

Ignoramus13707 wrote:
I have been doing a big "shop reorganization", a project that already
took a few months and will take some more. My shop was not a total
mess, but too cluttered due to ebaying and not knowing where is what
(mostly minor things like where are certain screws etc, but enough to
get ****ed off). So here are my new principles of shop organization.

1. Keep only two things: tools (things to work with) and supplies
(things to be used up such as bolts and steel or parts).

2. Do not keep anything for sale and do not buy anything with the
purpose of resale.

3. Know where things are. Not knowing where is what means having to
buy the same stuff twice, which is the death spiral as it is harder
and harder to stop.

4. Keep everything accessible (and not in, say, closed cardboard
boxes).

5. Keep tools where they are used the most (basement or garage).

6. Keep all supplies in only place, labeled, reviewed periodically.

7. Do not have more than three projects going on at the same time

My name is Iggy and I'm a scroungaholic...

Amateurs....sheesh....

Gunner