Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb himself[_4_] cavelamb himself[_4_] is offline

Default DFX to Gerber?

Winston wrote:

cavelamb himself wrote:
(...)

I downloaded Eagle CAD, but I'm not too impressed with it.
(And it doesn't seem to make Gerber files either, so WTF?)

Shore it does. Real RS274X and 40 other flavors.
Select 'board' then 'CAM'.
Select your post processor and layers.
Click 'Process Job'
You are off to the races.

Besides, it's a bit of a job drawing that mess out.
Even if you already know where everything goes.
So I'd rather not, if I can get away with it.

Here is a pic of the board.
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb/proof.htm#cpu
It's not real big, but way too much to hand drill at home!

You're a brave man, Richard. 2 layers?

--Winston

No Guts, No Gory!

(or was that gLory??)

I think it's done, Winston.

Except for the probably painful redrawing in Eagle.
But maybe these guys at Graphicode will come through.

Getting enough metal in the grounds is the real challenge.
I have a magic trick for that - should it be needed.
But it's a pretty small board, so maybe not.

--

Richard

(remove the X to email)