Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default window cleaner

On Oct 7, 7:18*pm, "Frank" wrote:
Looks like comcast is going to cut the newsgroup feed,so I thought I would
pick your brains one last time. I don't like windex so I would like some
input as to making home brew glass cleaner. With cold weather coming here in
Chicago need to get the windows done ASAP. Noticed windex does not dry well
in the cold.
* * So long

Add Alcohol, add to much though and it will dry before you finish,
start with maybe 1/2 cup to gallon, buy a gallon of denatured. Use the
rest in your car, in the gas and add some to winshield fluid when its
-22f like it was in 1982. Alcohol absorbes moisture so use it, a can
sitting around will self dilute and rust the can from the inside, you
can add to a few gallons of winshield fluid now and save it, forget
that crap they say goes to -20, in chgo it doesnt. I just bought and
used a gallon for windows and cars.