Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Fiberglass Entry Door

On Oct 7, 5:32*pm, rmorton wrote:
SWMBO has decreed that front door must be replaced with a fiberglass
one. *After I don't know how many hours shopping for one she has
narrowed it down to 3 different brands and styles. *Knowing absolutely
nothing about these doors and finding very little of any use on the web
except manufacturers/vendors ramblings and a few bitter homeowners
comments, I decided to place the question to you. *Are there any known
problems or support issues with the following: Pella, Therma-Tru or
Benchmark by Thermatru? *The price of all are very similar and to my
untrained eye the doors appear very similar. *I would appreciate any and
all constructive comments.

What is your door now, I am looking at Menards fiberglass doors but
they have to be finished, unfinished the sun will degrade it. I am
looking at fiberglass over metal for winter insulation, but wood is
about as good. For a home wood looks best.