Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Fiberglass Entry Door

On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 18:32:20 -0400, rmorton
wrote:

SWMBO has decreed that front door must be replaced with a fiberglass
one. After I don't know how many hours shopping for one she has
narrowed it down to 3 different brands and styles. Knowing absolutely
nothing about these doors and finding very little of any use on the web
except manufacturers/vendors ramblings and a few bitter homeowners
comments, I decided to place the question to you. Are there any known
problems or support issues with the following: Pella, Therma-Tru or
Benchmark by Thermatru? The price of all are very similar and to my
untrained eye the doors appear very similar. I would appreciate any and
all constructive comments.

I live in the Mojave desert. The entry door faces west, so a
fiberglass entry door will not stand up to the constant summer heat.

Your area may be a milder climate.