Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default Wire rope Q

On Oct 7, 6:32*pm, RLM wrote:
On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 13:12:47 -0700, Don Murray wrote:
DrollTroll wrote:

[Flemish bend...]

You have discovered the proper way to inter-lay the end together prior to
crimping anything on the wire rope, congratulations. I have done this many
times. I used a hydraulic hose crimping press and dies to crimp the
sleeve.

I have a number of chokers that I have made this way....

How do you equalize the tension in all seven wires?

Somewhere I read a suggestion to load the eye enough to move the wires
before completely swaging the sleeve. Without a rigging vise to hold
the eye tight against the thimble I found it difficult to do.

Jim Wilkins