Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob La Londe Bob La Londe is offline

Default Wire rope Q

"cavelamb himself" wrote in message
m...
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com fired this volley in
. 3.70:

And Pete C. is correct. The "crimping" is called "swaging".

LLoyd

Nicopress is the trade name.

http://www.nicopress.com/

Hmmm.... when I worked for the phone company we had a straight connector
for solid open wire called a Nicopress also. It was pretty cool. It came
filled with an abrasive. You would slide it on and off the wire which would
polish off surface oxidation and knock the abrasive out of the tube. Then
we would crimp it in place. Basically a glorified butt connector with
enough strength to support a couple hundred feet of open wire under most
weather conditions.