Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] dawoodseed@gmail.com is offline

Default Aircon

On 7 Oct, 09:04, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
Aircon which has a reverse heating feature is useful for
supplementing heating at certain times of year, but it
doesn't work when outside temperature drops below around
5C, as it will spend more time (and likely power) deicing
the outside unit than it would heating indoors. So I
would not rely on it for primary heating.

I have worked in offices with such a system as the only heat
source. *It appeared to operate quite well through the winter.
There are, as you say, defrost cycles, but not to the extent that
it compromised heating performance.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon *Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.

In our school the I.C.T rooms relies on the split system for heating,
to keep the outdoor unit at the right temperature a separate unit
called a crankcase heater stops the outdoor unit icing up.