Posted to alt.home.repair
Peetie Wheatstraw Peetie Wheatstraw is offline

Default Weed trimmer rattles

On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 20:49:59 -0700, Smitty Two wrote:

Dunno what your flex shaft looks like, but flexible drive shafts in
general are comprised of an outer jacket, an inner core, and a coupling
on each end.

If there's no grease nipple, then hopefully there's a way to remove
(unscrew) the coupling from one end, extract the core, lube it with
grease, and reassemble. (Make sure the core re-engages the non-removed
coupling before reattaching the removed coupling.)

I pull the string-head off the shaft on which it mounts. There's a nut
where the shaft goes into the curved tube. I try to unscrew the nut, it
just spins the flex-drive (and motor). Feels locked in the other
direction: afraid of breaking the drive-cable.

I could figger it out with a decent exploded view of parts. Manual is
mostly junk. :-(

Peetie