Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Comcast is dropping newsgroups

On Oct 7, 9:25*am, Frank Boettcher wrote:
On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 18:02:40 -0500, krw wrote:

They only thing they're not making any more of is the land. *

True, but except for certain classes of land there is an abundent
supply for the foreseeable future. *

I have posted this here before, but land vs population is another one
of those flags that libtards like running with.
Many years ago, I took from several encyclopaedic resources, the
number of square miles of land in our province of Ontario, Canada,
deducted a certain percentage of area due to waterways, lakes, etc,
and divided into that the number of people on the planet. (6 billion
at that time).
The conclusion was interesting. The result is totally non-conclusive,
as all kinds of arguments open up, like farmland for food, factories,
roads and all that obvious stuff. I know, I know, but the I only
looked at how much land each person on earth would have if they all
moved to my province.
IIRC, every man, woman, child had a parcel of land 50' x 120'.
Now look at a globe, find Ontario, and try to get your head around how
tiny a spec Ontario is relative to the rest of the planet. And our
farts are ruining the atmosphere?

At the Science centre in Toronto, the had (have?) on display an
aluminum ball. Highly polished. About 10" in diameter. Really smooth.
There was a plaque referring to that ball which explained how the
imperfections of that ball (remember, highly polished) when scaled to
Earth's size would have mountains waaaay bigger than Himalayans and
depths way deeper than the Mariana Trench.... and that all the water
on the planet wouldn't fill 1/2 a thimble.

Look at the time... lunch is over..look out G-Code here I come...