Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Changing my principles

You've basically covered it, but I would add more specifically: keep the
most-used stuff the closest. 90% of the time what I need is within 1
step of my bench. All hand tools, all common hardware, many of small
power tools. The drill press is 2 steps away, the grinders 3. The
common screwdrivers, pliers, & wrenches are in the open. Drawers for
everything else.

What you said & what I've added is going to be a "Well, yeah, of course"
for many readers. But just because it's obvious doesn't mean that it's
often followed. It deserves to be said. I still find myself shuffling
stuff because seldom used stuff is taking up valuable close-up space.

Bob
--
Nota for President