Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker DLT Steve Barker DLT is offline

Default winterizing lawn mower

rubber and paper gaskets shrink and crack. ACTUALLY for a simple overwinter
storage, really nothing needs to be done. It takes gasoline 3 or more years
to varnish anyway. I'm with the guy who just parks the stuff. As a matter
of fact my lawnmower set outside last winter and started within 3 or 4
revolutions of the crank this past spring just like it does every time.

"Reggie Dunlop" slap@shot wrote in message
. ..
"Steve Barker DLT" wrote in message

STA-BIL in the tank, fill the tank, run it for 15 or so minutes, then
change the oil and park it. Never store a carburator dry.

Why?