Posted to alt.home.repair
The Ranger The Ranger is offline

Default Frustration with Craftsman Belt Sander

Red Green wrote in message
"The Ranger" wrote in
ndwidth:
I've had this tool for over two decades and never had any
issues prior (other than surprise at how much material a
belt
sander can chew through with each revolution).

I was using it this past weekend on some green wood and
instead
of creating a mountain of sawdust, it created a pile of sand
belts.

I can remember EVER breaking a belt prior. Any ideas on what
I'm doing or why they might be separating at the glue-joint?

Many thanks.

As mentioned, different belt supplier/brand? After having it
for 2
decades I assume you've checked for a rotation arrow on the
belts you are
using. Had some cheapos breaking on me then noticed the arrow
on the
inside of the belt.

At first, that was my original thought but testing the next
three belts proved I was setting them correctly.

The most likely, given the experiences provided thus far, is
age. I'm guessing these are well past the 24-month life-time
warranty (probably well into the 48th) given the receipts I was
able to dig up...

sigh

Off to purchase a new set and see if that improves my usage.

The Ranger