Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Please recommend non-telco long distance service?

Bob M wrote in
:

A little off topic but because it relates directly to my HOME
telephone I thought this group might provide good input.

I currently use at&t for my long distance service. I am paying on
average about $.30/minute (OUCH) with a monthly minimum whether I use
it or not. Time to change.

What long distance alternatives are any of you folks using that you
are satisfied with? How did you sign up? What was your cost to
switch?

I know there are VoIP solutions available such as Vonage, etc. but I'd
like to keep it right at the dial tone. Even my Comcast cable's long
distance cost is way too much around here (Central CT).

I look forward to any/all suggestions/recommendations.

Thanks

I don't do much long distance calling but using USADatanet.

Summary Info: http://www.usadatanet.com/longDistance.html

You can check access number availibility from that page as well.

No monthly fee. If no use that month then bill is $0.00.

..10/min with In-Region (5 US regions) cap of 0.99
yep, 6 hr call is 0.99, 3 min call is .30
..10/min with out of region cap of 1.99
yep 20 hr call is 1.99, 5 min call is .50

Register home phone # with them. Call from home to local access #
-or-
Call from anywhere in US to a local access #. No extra charge for doing
this. Just like calling from home.

Been using it for years. Call quality is just like local calling. Had a
call drop only once in years I've been using it.