Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ice maker not working...

"V" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a Whirlpool side by side with water and ice. One of the things
the tell you to check is the pump. The water dispenser works fine so
I was wondering if someone could tell me if the the ice maker and
water dispenser use the same pump?

Thanks in advance,

Pump? There is a big pump down at the water department so, yes, they do use
the same one.

Check out www.repairclinic.com or www.applianceaid.com for some
troubleshooting ideas. Ice makers are the most frequent repair on
refrigerators, but I sure like having one. They are easy to replace if that
is what you need. Be sure the lever is in proper position. There is a
heater, a small motor, a fill valve. Sometimes the fill tube get frozen and
just needs to be thawed and cleaned out and it will start up OK.