Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tnom@mucks.net is offline

Default Replacement transformer for sweeper

On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 13:22:17 -0700 (PDT), digger odell
wrote:

I have a 12v Model CFV Type 1 Black & Decker Cordless Floor Vac which
uses a 12v transformer which I have temporarily misplaced. In the
meantime, I found one which I'd like to try out, with two different
settings -- one with 100 mA and the other with 300 mA output. Would
either of these two settings work OK?

Thanks
digger

Even with a 12v battery operated device there is no guarantee that
the charging brick is DC. I have seen Black & Decker cordless Ni-Cad
devices that will use AC bricks and have the rectifiers on board the
device instead of being in the charging brick.

If you don't know if the brick is AC or DC then purchase a new one:

http://www.dewaltservicenet.com/docu...00,CFV9600.pdf

http://www.dewaltservicenet.com/Prod...x?partid=58757