Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Vernon[_2_] Vernon[_2_] is offline

Default How to set up VFD to properly control KBC bench mill.

On Oct 6, 8:39*pm, Gunner Asch wrote:
I use/install vfds almost every day.

Most have a STOP input or even an Estop input

Ive never seen one fail before. Ever

Hitting the Stop button generally makes sure the drive shuts the
spindle etc etc virtually instantly.

Turning off the power insures the spindle etc coasts to a stop.

Are you sure that you want to have the lathe spindle coast to a stop
when its got your tie in a chuck jaw?

Just thought Id mention that ........

Gunner

*Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your
*wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do
*something damned nasty to all three of them.

Gunner. Thanks for your valuable input. I would be more than happy
to feed ALL my ties into the lathe spindle provided my neck ain't in
'em!

I am continuing to soak up the manual along with everybody's
collective input. I intend to proceed to do the installation and the
basic start-up test and then stop at the threshold of all the stuff I
still don't understand. No doubt I will have many more questions
soon. Hopefully, they will be more specific and intelligently
articulated.

Thanks to all.