Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Anyone recomend a Digital TV aeriel?

"Andy Champ" wrote in message
. uk...
Bruce wrote:

I'm getting very poor Freeview reception. I expect I need a better
aerial, but I would like to mount it in the loft for ease of access.

Is it possible to get better reception with a very good loft aerial
than with a crappy old small aerial mounted on the chimney stack? I
know that a very good aerial on the chimney stack would be better
still, but I would like to do it myself so only the loft would be
practicable.

Depends where you are. If you're just over the road from Crystal Palace a
bent paper clip will probably work. If a deep valley in the wilds of the
Highlands, nothing will help!

A passive reflector at the top will probably help or freesat/sky.