Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RB[_2_] RB[_2_] is offline

Default O.J. is going to prison

Christopher Tidy wrote:
Just heard the news...
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i...2CkRAD93JGAUO0

I know a lot of you will be celebrating. But strangely I feel less
impressed with your criminal justice system than I was the last time.
This case has been a farce. As I see it, pretty much every witness is
dirty, and there are numerous significant uncertainties. And after all,
it was just a bunch of guys who got into a scrape in hotel room. Does it
matter? I am not convinced that the case should have come to trial, and
neither do I feel confident that the verdict has nothing to do with his
1995 acquittal.

There will be an appeal I'm sure. We'll see which way it goes.

Guess I tend to take the side of the defendant.

The trial was deeply flawed, starting with jury selection.
The verdict was payback.
There will be another trial, or at least nullification of this one.