Nova

Default Need to borrow/rent moisture meter in OR

Kelly E Jones wrote:

snip

3) The floor is being installed the day after it arrives in my house,
i/e. no in-house acclimatization.

The flooring's moisture content has to be acclimatized for your home. A
moisture reading would give you a figure, but what would the number mean?

Check the flooring manufacture's web site, or contact them, to see what
their instructions call for. Failure to follow the installation
instruction may negate the warranty.

Personally, if the GC insists on installing the flooring without letting
it equalize, I'd dump the GC and find a new one.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA