Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Advice - DIY Desks

Roger Mills wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:

I'm only talking from my experience. A house I was working in had
wardrobe doors made from 8' x 2' contiboard covered with T&G cladding
across the 2' width. Each strip had been glued down with no more
nails.
It contracted so badly the contiboard had taken the shape of a
longbow, even to the point of pulling a hinge out on one door.

I assume that the T&G must have had a high moisture content when
fitted, and shrank when it dried out.

Even so, I would have expected it to come apart at the tongues and
grooves rather than staying together and bowing the contiboard.

No More Nails had been used...

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk