Posted to sci.electronics.repair
AtomicTom AtomicTom is offline

Default 8mm digital video Recovery

On Sep 25, 1:00*pm, JR North wrote:
You can tell if the data is there by the tape counter. If the counter
stops during play at the point where the video ends-it's gone.
JR

AtomicTom wrote:
Is there any way torecoverfootage recorded on digital8mmvideo?
I recorded an entire 120 minute tape on a sony DCR-TRV520. *I had even
reviewed the footage. * Then 5 minutes into the tape it appears to
have been erased. *I get a gray screen.

* * * * Home Page:http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth

The counter continues to run. In fact the audio is still there, but a
gray screen for video.
Now according to you the data is still there but how do I recover it.
Right now I am the only one Iknow witha 8mm video camera. I'm
thinking I can sneak it into BestBuy and play it on one of their
machines.