Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Default McCoy Hardrware RipOff

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Duff" wrote in message
McCoy's Hardware tamping bar 30670 price 32.99
Ace Hardware 30670 price 21.99

Also picked out some lumber for hurricane preparation and they
wouldn't sell it - said they were holding it for their own
employess.

Duff

So what. I've seen the same Breyer's ice cream selling for $3.50,
$4.99, or $6.49. I buy items at each store but get my icecream at
the cheapest.

I'd also have to congratulate the owner of McCoy for caring enough
about his employees to save them some material instead of just
selling it to the highest bidder. Sounds like a great guy to work
for.

If you live in a hurricane area, you should have that material in
the garage, ready for any storm. IMO the people lined up buying
plywood last minute are idiots.

Kudos to Mr. McCoy.

Well, I generally agree with you except, one can assume if a
customer lives in a hurricane area, that the store employees likely
live there as well, so they should also have the material in their
garage ready for any storm. So, if the customer is an idiot (in
your opinion), then the company employees are idiots as well.

Bob-tx