Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can I add a second electric stove for the basement kitchen?

On Sun 05 Oct 2008 08:23:54p, told us...

Very rare indeed........................until Thanksgiving day rolls
around. A house full of people, A/C running because its an Indian
Summer warm day and every burner and stove element is running.
Oops. Pop goes the breaker.
Bubba *:-)

A very real possibility, and exactly what I 'm concerned about.
That's why I want to understand the limitations before I go ahead with
this scheme.

I'm certainly not an expert, but I'd say given the worst combination of
conditions that you'd be severely limited by installing a second electric
range.

Since you're in the planning stage, and overall electric usage grows for
most people every year in one way or another, you might consider moving up
to a 200 amp panel. You'd have more than enough to play with then.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Sunday, 10(X)/05(V)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Veteran's Day