Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DrollTroll DrollTroll is offline

Default Hydraulic motors

"Robert Swinney" wrote in message
Tim sez: "I can't tell if you're being snide or not snip I really
can't figure out what this
"voltage" and "insulation" stuff is,
though :-)."

Better it should have been said "electrical energy" rather than power.
Power doesn't really happen
until something spins or heats up at the far end of the energy conduit,
whatever that may be.
Technically it also should have been "gazillions of kilowatt-hours" All
that being said, P =
Voltage ^2 / R Thus it is theoretically possible to transmit very large
amounts of energy over a
very small conductor - think cryogenics and super high voltage.
Hmmmnnnn, P = dt/de 'Nother way
of saying it.

But not the correct way.

P = dE/dt. or dW/dt.

Also, your distinction between energy and power is not valid, in the above.

If "energy happens", then "power happens". If power happens, energy
happens. Always.

It's only that without specifying time, you can't specify *how much* of
each.
But one *always* implies the other.

--
DT